SNBAA Board of Directors Nomination Submission
Those interested in joining the SNBAA Board of Directors for a term beginning January 1, 2017 should submit the following information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 1, 2016:
- Personal Statement (detail why you want to join the SNBAA Board of Directors)
- Stanford Volunteer Record (include any work with alumni groups, reunions, service, etc.)
Samples submission documents are below.
(A) SNBAA ELECTIONS: SAMPLE CANDIDATE STATEMENT 100-word (maximum)
Josephine Baker, ‘79 – Candidate Statement:
I am particularly interested in activities to increase Black alumni engagement and participation, particularly among more ‘seasoned’ alums and those in areas without a local chapter. My commitment to the community, and my relationships with Black students that may not have felt a strong connection to the Black community while at Stanford give me a unique network upon which to serve effectively on the SNBAA board. Volunteering in NY – a remarkably unique and transient city – has taught me time-tested strategies for keeping alums in unique geographic areas active, which I look forward to sharing.
(B) SNBAA ELECTIONS: SAMPLE VOLUNTEERISM RECORD 10-entry (maximum), only includes organization, positions held, and years of service. No descriptions.
Josephine Baker, ’79 – Volunteerism Record:
- Stanford, Mini Reunion Chair, 84, 94
- Stanford, Admissions Volunteer, 83-present
- SBAA-NY, Co-President, 83-86, 95-98, 06-08
- SBAA-NY, Board Member 83-86, 95-present
- Stanford, Leading Matters Class Reunion Committee Member, 10
- SBAA-NY, Frosh Send-Off Host, 99
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Park Slope, Big Sister, 00-present
- Park Slope Disability Services Center, Outings and Activities Volunteer, 90-00